Friday, January 23, 2009

what a -pretty morning.

i got to thinking about 'darkness' this morning.
actually, it was kinda thrust upon me.

had a conversation that totally knocked me
off center.

and i thought about why.

there's sadness, and sorrow and sometimes i call
that darkness.....cause it is. but it comes more
from natural grieving and life processes. i find it
difficult to hear about but i can be centered thru
most of it. or if i get knocked off center, i can
find my way back okay.

but there's a different kinda dark.
it's the pain caused by hatred and anger
and brutality.

that stuff is dark.
and that stuff knocks me down flat.

i don't know what to do with it and i feel totally
unequipped to handle it.

yo saw i was off center this morning and said he'd
go on a walk with me.

nope.
i don't need takin' care of. i'm fine. i'll go sort
thru it all. i'm good.

he insisted. said he likes the walks and he wanted
to come along.

i examined his face. told him that i really didn't
need anything and he could only come along if it
was for fun.

so he came.
do i believe it was for fun? nah. but he came anyway.

and we talked light and fun stuff.
it felt good.
i knew it while it was happening. and i just enjoyed
it.

'don't let the dark take this away' i thought.

we got up to my goodmorningworld spot and he pulls
out his camera. 'gotta say good morning to the world'
he says.

and i grin. i like this guy.

while he's snappin' pictures, i look up to the sky.

'i don't know what to do with all this ick' i say to
the sky.

and i get the thought to just wrap it in light and
hand it to the sky.

that that is all i can do.

there's danger of it eating me away. and i need to
hand it off.

i argue the point with the sky.
other people have to live this stuff. and i can't
even handle hearin' about it?? what kinda wimp am i??

'wrap it in light.' i hear again.
'give it to the sky.'

and so i do.

yo finishes pictures and we head back home.
chattering and laughing and enjoyin' the morning.

'what a pretty morning' he says.

'yeah, i agree. what a pretty morning.'

i look up to the sky in gratitude.

for now, it's helpin' me hold things i can't.

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

When you wrap something in light, isn't that just another way of loving it?

I think I'm going to try this with my dad. Next time he grumps about something I'm going to wrap him in light.

Hmmmm... I better start carrying around some sunglasses! It's gonna get pretty bright in here!

Thanks for the good advice.