Friday, January 30, 2009

zakkie bean

we're celebratin' zakkie bean today!
all day. i'm gonna type this....and then
it's off for a day of fun!

i wanted to do a post about him today!
to start things off right.

i thought of all the millions of things
i could say about him....

and what seems to say it all for me is this...

there's no one on the planet who makes me
laugh like zakk does. right from the start
when he was tiny...all the way to this day.

i laugh different with him, and i just
treasure it.

recently over on facebook i did this list
of 16 random facts about myself....
one of the things on that list was that
the sign of real trust from me actually
wasn't the open, from the heart conversation...
but the sharing of deep laughter.
it's in the laughter that i find bonding and
trust.

maybe that's why the laughing is what comes
up as the most meaningful thing for me
to share about this kid of mine.

i don't get the 'favorite' thing with kids.
that you'd have a favorite. they're all too
cool to have a favorite.

yo and josh accuse me all the time that zakk's
my favorite! makes me laugh.
the dopes.
of course he's not. they all are.
but i sure do like him.

and there's a feeling i get with zakk that i don't
get anywhere else in the world.

he's brilliant and funny, and driven and not driven,
and gentle and kind, and so non verbal! he's got a
marshmallow heart under a way cool exterior....and
when he reaches over and holds my hand sometimes....
just to make sure i'm okay....
he totally melts me.

the world is lucky to have this goofy kid.
and so am i.

so am i.

2 comments:

Merry ME said...

Happy Birthday Zakkie Bean!
The world needs more laughers. Thanks for sharing the joy.

Anonymous said...

100% pure awesomeness. congrats mommy :)