Sunday, February 1, 2009

some weird show....

i just finished watchin' some bbc show...
don't even know what it's called.
got it for yo for xmas on dvd.
we've been watchin' it bit by bit.

i had never heard of it before, still
don't know the name of it...
it had no action, very little story,
no incredibly handsome men for me to
drool over....

and yet, i think it's one of my most favorite
things i've ever watched. (i cannot believe
the boys hung in there with it!)

without the action, story, or handsome men,
it left you simply with the characters and
the psychology of life.

the main character kept inspiring me.
he was a middle aged bald guy....and he was
my hero. kind, genuinely good, with the ability
to see why others were doin' what they were
doin' and ACCEPT THAT.

i would watch him and think about my own stuff
in my own life. and how i could really get a bit
more kind and gentle and not let it all make me
crazy.

something i liked about the whole thing was it
got me thinking a lot.
the kind, gentle, good guy said something about
how we always had to DO something ABOUT people,
we couldn't just let them be.
(he was definitely in favor of letting them be)

i liked that.
caught my eye.

it's a complicated thought.

even when he said it, i didn't totally agree with
him. specially with what he was sayin' it with.
i think sometimes you DO have to do something
about people....
but i'm thinking not nearly as much as we do.

so i'm kinda mullin' that right now.....

how much energy do i spend doin' something about
people instead of just letting them be???

maybe if i just let them be, i don't have to protect
myself...because maybe i'm just not invested at all.
it's up to them.
it's theirs.
not mine.

and hence, i need no protection.

i don't know.
just a random thought runnin' thru my brain today.....

thinking it's all about acceptance......
again.

1 comment:

JoyZAChoice said...

you have struck upon a "thing" that i've been working on for the past 2 years. & i gotta tell ya...it's a really major gift to unwrap. not kidding. i'm so happy you found it...it's a beautiful place to live, ter. good stuff!