Friday, May 15, 2009

celebratin'

i just came to post some silly blogs about
celebrating my birthday. i love my birthday
and celebrate all month and goof and tease
and milk it for all it's worth.

when i got over here, i saw an update on a
friend's blog who's husband is real sick.
i stopped to read it.

they're having one heck of a time journeying
down his road of cancer....

wow.
okay.
so how can i come goof about my birthday
and all the silliness? it feels so shallow
and selfish....

but then the thought hit....
you're healthy right now, ter.
celebrate it.

cause if that ever gets lost, you want to
remember the fun and know you lived with
zest.

i really really felt it after reading
my friend's post.

i'm so lucky right now.
and knowing that, seeing that, appreciating
that and grabbing that is really the best
birthday stuff i can do.

the actual birthday is tomorrow. but i've
been celebrating all month, and hittin' high
speed this week! and loving every second of it.

the perspective just deepened this morning.
and that right there felt like a gift.

smilin', celebratin, and feelin' grateful....

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

I believe that one of the things I've done in my life that will get me into heaven is the time I sent a man dying of cancer a HUGE balloon bokay. I didn't even know him, the son-in-law of a friend at church. We were asked to pray. I don't know why, but I reached way beyond myself, ordered the brightest balloons available and had them delivered. That day, the man (so I'm told) felt joy instead of pain; love instead of sadness; celebration of life, instead of dying.

Go ahead girlfriend, celebrate while you can. And as you grow in spirit and in love it will have that old pebble in the pond ripple effect. Other's will feel you love and rejoice.

Happy Birthday, my friend, a day early.