Tuesday, November 16, 2010

louis

my son, noah, mentioned a documentary on youtube
that he thought i'd be interested in.

it's a documentary on the hateful group that pickets
the military funerals and since that's been the topic
around here for a bit, he mentioned it.

he told me the interviewer was awesome.

it's a busy day here. i only have so much time.
thought i'd watch part one and then leave the rest
for later.

but i got so swept up in the interviewer, that i
ended up watching them all.

his name is louis theroux and i was stunned at the
reserve he showed thru these talks.

at first i was just kinda surprised.
and then i got more and more taken with him.

i'll be thinking about him all day now.

what's so cool is that what i came away from all that
ick was more him than them.

there's not a lot i can do with them.
feel sick over them, shed some tears, block the view
of them when i have a chance and try not to let them
pull me down as a person.

but there was inspiration in louis for me.

you don't have to be loud to say something powerful.
not at all....

3 comments:

Merry ME said...

You don't have to be loud to say something powerful.

Now that's something I'm going to work on. What a great message. Seems I have a habit of raising my voice the more profound I think I am being. Hey, world, how about listening to ME! Truly, it is the quiet message that is often remembered the longest.

Peggi said...

Terri - could you post the link?

terri st. cloud said...

sure, peggi....i didn't in the first place cause i really hate to even spread them, ya know? but i know that's silly. here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmIr9P-vkSQ