Friday, March 15, 2013

a word replacement

i was talking to them about embracing our beauty.

and i realized something -

that word - 'beauty' - doesn't always work for me.

sometimes it does.
sometimes it's the perfect word.

but then sometimes it's a word with ten thousand strings attached.
and it makes me squirm.

kinda like the word - 'god' - it doesn't always work for me.

sometimes it's the perfect word.
and then sometimes it's a word with ten thousand strings attached.
and it makes me squirm.

so i use different words for god. and that helps me.

what other word would i pick for 'beauty'?

right away a word came to mind - REAL.

i love that word.

it doesn't have anything but good connected to it in my mind.

for me, real is authentic and true and honest and beautiful.
there's no tricky standards to be met, no differing viewpoints on
what it is.......it just is.

for me, there's nothing more beautiful than someone being real.

and when i realized how much more i liked this word and how i could use
this word in place of 'beauty' i could feel my whole body react. my cells
definitely approved of the word.

so what if you took it and put it in where beauty is?

embrace your beauty.
find your beauty.
you are beautiful.
be beautiful.

embrace your real.
find your real.
you are real.
be real.

hmmmm.....i'm thinking i like this  a  lot.
and i'm thinking it will make a big difference for me.

it's funny how words can hold such power over me sometimes.
how they can affect me and direct me and teach me and grow me....
or stunt me and leave me crippled. they can be powerful.

and i'm likin' this replacement here.
i'm likin' it a lot.




No comments: