Thursday, January 15, 2009

balancing

i tumbled out the door needing to see the
sky badly this morning! i landed in my
front yard with my arms wide open and
looked up at the sky.
ahhhhhhhhhhh.........

i remembered this song from years ago
that i just loved.
this woman sang about the sky being like
a lover to whom she always longed...to
whom she always belonged.

it rang thru my head as i looked up....

i needed the cold, the morning, the sky,
the walk.

it felt so good.

got a note from a friend this morning tellin'
me she thought i was bein' too hard on myself
with the brave stuff. (thanks, peggi)

she said bein' brave was just gettin' up and facin'
the day.

and i got to thinking about what my other friend
said over tea...
'you don't have to do it all at once, terri.'

mygosh.

right now i could put that in every single part
of my life and see how i'm tryin' hard to do it
all at once everywhere.....and that just doesn't
work!

and so i walked and thought about that.

called myself a dope.
then realized that wasn't real constructive.
grin.

so i told myself i just get a little
over zealous sometimes.

i like that term.
over zealous.
and yeah, that can be me.

that's a good thing.
not a dope.
but a good thing.

it just needs to be tweaked a bit, and guided.

at the same time, i've been thinking about balance.

thinking i needed more of it.

hmmmmmm.......this seems to be the same deal.

last year seemed like the year of 'acceptance' for
me (altho, that's gonna flow into this year as i never
got it down....)
but i'm thinking this year may be balance.

how does an over zealous dope learn balance???

i tell ya, i'd rather figure it out on my own
than have a ton of lessons thrust my way.

think i'll work on figurin' it out on my own.
soon!

not all at once......but soon!!!
maybe????

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

I'm with Peggi. You need to cut yourself some slack. You're not going to learn all life's lessons in "zealous" moment. And even if you did, you'd forget part of them. Life is about learning, and relearning. Don't stop searching, just lighten up some!

p.s. Do as I say, not as I do!