Monday, September 22, 2008

the morning sky...

when my neighbor goes to work, he drives by
and honks hello. i love that. a lotta times
he's my alarm clock. it's such a cool way to
wake up.

he left early this morning......
and there was his hello honk nice and early....

i got up ready to hit the day and get lots done.
'productive' would be my middle name today!

and well......i ended up sittin' under the stars
and sayin' hello to the moon....
my middle name got put under my chair in the
dewy grass...

it was dark. the crickets chirppin' and the
sky just talkin' to me. i kinda got lost in it all.

i thought of a kid i'm worried about....
and wondered if he ever looked up and saw the sky.
i don't think so. not yet.
and i wondered if he'd get to the point where he
would...

thought of the twists and turns of it all, and how
i'll never be able to predict where that kid would
go....i would just have to watch...

i looked at those stars and reminded myself to trust.
it's gonna take a sky full of trust to get thru
some stuff ahead....

and lots and lots of talkin' to the stars....

No comments: