Sunday, September 21, 2008

shakin' the snide aside....

a scathing birthday card.....
ick.
i got one of those this past year.

it sucked.
made me cry.
started a chain of events that
made me very sad.

i returned it to the sender.

grin.

yeah.
felt good.

kinda claimed my adult status in my
forever challenging family. put a little
posty note on it saying that treating me
like a bad little girl didn't work for me.

grin.
grin.
grin.

that's not usually my style.

it felt fabulous tho.

and now.......it's her birthday.

ah.
here it is.
shall i go the scathing route?
nahhh not me.
just skip it?
nahhhh just adds to the negative.

what is it you want to live, ter???

i settled myself down.

concentrate on the love.
on seeing the person.

sigh.

yeah.
that's what i want....

so i pulled out a pretty card.
what to write??

snide comments ran thru my head.
shoot.
wrong direction.
ahhh i got a long way to go til i hit
enlightenment.
smiled. shook that thought out of my head
and waited til i could get peaceful.

'wishing you a peaceful birthday'
and signed it with love....

sealed it and thought yet another snide thought.

oh man.
stopped.
rethought.
can't send it with snide thoughts.
can't i be a little bit bigger than this??

went back to the seeing her.
hold onto that, ter.
hold onto that....

and send some peace out into the world.

shaking the snide aside......
i'm workin' on holdin' the peace.......
and sendin' someone who needs it some love.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so touched by this entry!

I say YES to 'shakin' the snide aside"!!! Sometimes its easier than other times, not to repspond "in kind" but rather "in kindness".

Terri, sometimes I just get so bowled over by the beauty of your beautiful golden thoughts. The world needs all the peace and love we can send out, I see you do it and it inspires me to do more of it too!

xoxoxo