Monday, November 10, 2008

monsters under my bed

a song popped into my head today....
here's a piece of the lyrics.

"put your lights on, cause there's a monster
living under my bed whispering in my ear."

i thought of that today because my monsters
inside me got woken up. they got stirred up
bad, and they all came to life today.

i saw it. felt it. and was overwhelmed by it.

didn't know what to do.

so i allowed it.

i said 'they'll go away. just give it time.
they'll go away.'

they settled down some with that.
but the got riled up yet again.

it took a real good cry to get some of it out.

things are calmer.
a real good sleep and i'll be able to get some
good out of their showin' up again.

here's another line to that song:

'there's an angel with her hand on my hair
she say i got nothing to fear....'

i haven't walked in a week.
tomorrow, i have a date with that angel.
she and i have some monster meeting we got to do.
just in time for my walk.

it's time i had a little talk with all these guys
hangin' out inside of me....

1 comment:

Maithri said...

You write so tenderly,

Thank you for being in this world,

Soft light, Maithri